Tuesday, April 11, 2023

May 12th

    Words cannot express how excited I am for May 12th to come. I have been waiting for years! The official release of the sequel to Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild, Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom! When it was announced back in, perhaps, 2018 or 2019, I couldn't contain my excitement. I have such an emotional bond with the first game because of not only how much I played through it while I was in the Navy, but it became one of my "healthier" forms of escape while I was going through those dark times in my life. 

    The timing of the sequel's release is completely paramount to everything that is going on in my life right now. Will I use the sequel as another "healthy" escape from my own reality? Absolutely. Does it help that the release falls on a Saturday and school will be over by then? Absolutely. Needless to say, I cannot wait to explore the many changes that are coming our way, and the addition to this beautiful storyline. 
    One thing I have noticed on a complete side note, is my fascination to play as the hero. I've shared many anecdotes with my therapist, and it seems that I have the hero's complex. Having been faced with many dark times, I have come to the realization that I've developed a complicated hero's complex. Where instead of striving to be "problem solver" to any given problem for someone else, let's add another layer to that, I do it in order to avoid my own problems. My own form of escape from my own reality by diving into the reality of others. Has this been fruitful? Yeah. I've helped lots of people along my journey's path. But my own fruit has grown to be bad, rotting almost, because of the neglect I have given it. Time to be the bad guy, I guess. Anyone else excited for this release?

8 comments:

  1. The last time I saw the name Zelda was from Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) from the late eighties :-)

    May you use your excitement for May 12 to finish IS101-3003, Spring 2023 strong ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister loves this game and just like you she is excited to own this sequel for it falls on her birthday weekend and she already expects to have it as her birthday gift of all gifts. 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I did not play the game nor understood the fascination even obsession with it, my husband on the other had LOVED and still does with this game. He isn't a gamer anymore but I think, as with you, takes him back to time where this were good in his life. So he too is biting the bit for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't played Zelda yet, but you just inspired me to start. It takes courage to confront our own issues, and it's a positive step to recognize the need to prioritize our own well-being.
    I hope the release of the new game brings you joy and serves as a fun escape, but also encourage you to take time for yourself and prioritize your own needs as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW, thanks for sharing. I am gonna buy and play this during a trip with my friends while we're in transport in summer. Can you be a bad guy in Zelda? haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. This brings back memories of me and my younger brother playing video games. I enjoyed our bonding time while playing Call of Duty it was surprisingly fun! Playing video games is a nice way to relax and let loose from the real world, hope you enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The time is almost here bro! I haven't touched a Zelda game in ages but I'm considering getting a switch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In games when you play the hero you know your actions have actually caused a good outcome to happen. In real life it's hard to know if your actions had any positive impact or worse a negative effect.

    ReplyDelete