Sunday, March 5, 2023

The difference

    Man was I fooled. Again, not something I really looked into, but it was mind blowing knowing that there is a difference between the desktop and web applications of Word for example. Although it is understandable why, I always assumed that they both had the same amount of features. Aside from one needing internet connection, it's important to know that the web application version would require less from the computer's hardware than the installed version. 

9 comments:

  1. What a perfect example to accentuate 3.1.8 Desktop v. Web applications :-)

    The browser version of Word -- other Microsoft Office applications as well -- definitely do NOT have all features in their local install version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to learn, so little time 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diego, I didn't know either. Honestly, because I don't use Word that often I wouldn't even known the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. They don't. I realized when it didn't open in some of the computers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, I found that there are a lot of differences on word between Ipad version and desktop version. Ipad have only little functions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I learn about this! It would explain why I never was able to use Word on my phone efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also not very used to using word, it's not an application that is used in my workplace on a daily basis. I wasn't aware that desktop and web versions of word are different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah man besides the features, I think the desktop apps for office run so buttery smooth in comparission to their web counterparts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most often than not applications that have a browser setting and desktop setting. The desktop setting is always better or at least has more features for complex things.

    ReplyDelete