Friday, March 3, 2023

Being able to share

    This lesson blew my mind away because I always wondered how any form of business can share multiple printers throughout different offices. I think this is really important because I can see why it would be important to give certain people within the workforce access to specific printers throughout the office for whatever reasons. Maybe there are only two printers but Bill and Sally have problems with each other, then their IT department can have them get whatever files from the opposite printers. Believe it or not, most people in my own office did not know that they could do that, yes I asked around. 

9 comments:

  1. Very glad 2.2.10 Windows Printing Facts showed you that printers can be shared throughout different offices -- as long as they can communicate with the device sending the print job :-)

    I hope you will share this knowledge at your workplace ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes at work we have 4 printers that everyone uses. There are so much more that a printer can do now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Billy and Sally have office drama and the printers are what is keeping the peace. All seriousness, being able to have multiple printers for a business that can communicate with multiple and different devices is crucial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Bill and Sally could be nice to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Office dramas was probably the reason Microsoft had to make this feature. Kidding. I do see the utilization.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have these types of printers in our workplace and they are life-changing. They definitely allow us to catch up on all the work-gossip while were waiting on our massive print jobs, lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharing printers sounds interesting and very convenient, no wonder I have about seven different printers I may choose from at work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At my place of work we use several printers in case one kicks the can, though my main printer at work has its fair share of problems :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. When sharing a printer, make sure that sharing settings are set up on the primary and secondary PCs. Also, make sure you know the name of the primary PC.

    ReplyDelete